JCHA Corporate Sponsorship Policy
The JCHA Corporate Sponsorship Policy is designed to develop or improve activities and programs for the Johns Creek community that is consistent with the JCHA’s stated mission. The goal is to obtain financial support from industry, individuals, and organizations in order to develop the programs and services supporting the Johns Creek healthcare community. Opportunities for sponsorship accompany the following stipulations.
Definition of Sponsorship
A financial or in-kind contribution to the JCHA by any corporation or organization, either for-profit or not-for-profit, which provides support for specific JCHA activities or programs, including but not limited to education, research, advocacy, or awareness of JCHA’s stated mission.
- JCHA does not endorse any particular product, service, or idea. Any sponsorship implying an endorsement by JCHA will not be accepted.
- Sponsorship must be relevant to the JCHA Membership.
- JCHA reserves the right to reject any sponsorship deemed inappropriate to the mission of JCHA.
- JCHA reserves the right-of-first-refusal to the previous year’s sponsor of a product, service, or in-kind service with an agreement deadline to be established at JCHA’s sole discretion.
- Except in cases in which another party has the right of first refusal, sponsorship is determined on a first-come basis and receipt of a signed agreement or reservation form agreeing to payment of appropriate sponsorship contributions and acceptance of appropriate terms and conditions by the parties.
- Sponsors of educational programs and/or presentations for which CME credit is offered must sign a contract assuring compliance with current ACCME Guidelines.
- Appropriate recognition of Sponsors’ contributions will be determined at the sole discretion of JCHA and will not include reference to specific products. Reference to specific products is reserved for advertising opportunities.
- JCHA accepts funds or royalties only if acceptance does not pose a conflict of interest and in no way impacts the objectivity of the Association, its members, officers, or employees.
- The JCHA name, insignia, or logotype may not be used by any sponsor or exhibitor for any purpose unless permission is given in advance by JCHA. When seeking permission for use a sample illustrating the proposed use must be submitted to JCHA for approval.
- Sponsors are strongly encouraged to exhibit at JCHA activities where exhibits are offered.
- JCHA recognizes sponsors’ needs to promote specific products. Sponsors may provide product-specific logos on signage and meeting giveaways (such as bags or CD ROMs) or other approved items. Product logos may not be displayed on name tags, lanyards, drink containers, electronic activities (internet suites, cyber cafés, wireless connections, and message centers, etc.); or in any materials or media for which CME credits are offered.
- For items on which a product logo is acceptable, the product name/logo must be must be no larger than 50% of the size of the JCHA logo and any corporate/sponsoring company logo.
- JCHA retains editorial rights and control over any information or product produced as part of any sponsorship agreement. All intellectual property remains the sole property of JCHA unless the JCHA Executive Council has approved an agreement to the contrary. In every case, all materials, in all formats and media, prepared by the sponsor must be submitted to JCHA for written approval prior to release.
- The JCHA Executive Council reserves the right to amend this policy without public notification.